2016 Bandit 6k reviews
2016 Bandit 6K
We asked the following 6 questions:
1) Full Name, Race you participated in, Year you participated, City/State/Country represented
Peter Lime, 6k 2016, North Hollywood CA
2) What brought you to The Bandit trail run?
A coworker that had run before told me about the race and asked if I wanted to give it a try. She knew I ran trails in Griffith Park, but I had never run a race before. I had not run a race since High School (1982 to be exact) but it sounded like it could be fun.
3) What was the toughest part of the race (please describe a bit) and why?
The first climb was steeper than expected and was a challenge to keep going, but I kept to my pace and met the challenge.
4) What did you not like about the race?
Honestly nothing comes to mind. Perfect weather, a fun and challenging course and great people.
5) How would you describe our race to another athlete of your calibre?
Even though the 6k race is not that long, the steep hills and single track trails makes it a good challenge. Perfect for those new to trail running. It was a friendly group of runners and the organizers did a good job. Enough runners to feel excited and such, but not so big to overwhelm you. I plan to run again next year, either doing the 6k again or moving up to the 15k.
1) Full Name, Race you participated in, Year you participated, City/State/Country represented -- Joe Kleinrichert, 6K, 2016 (1st year participating), Thousand Oaks, CA
2) What brought you to The Bandit trail run? -- I moved to Southern Cal. in 2015 and just started participating in a few trail races for the first time. The Bandit is near my home in Thousand Oaks and looked like a well-organized and fun event.
3) What was the toughest part of the race (please describe a bit) and why? -- Comparing to the handful of other trail races I've done, the ascent was at least, if not more challenging than the Xterra races I did, but the real kicker was the downhill, which was more technical and required great concentration and use of new muscles!
4) What did you not like about the race? -- The trail, though well-marked, allowed runners to cut corners too much, and some did.
5) How would you describe our race to another athlete of your calibre? -- Challenging and quad-busting.